Filming, Photographing and Writing on Auroville
The Mandatory Process to Follow for Filmmakers, YouTubers, Photographers and Reporters
When you want to visit Auroville for filming, writing, or photographic purposes, you will have to get in touch with Auroville Media Interface (formerly Outreach Media), the official Auroville service in charge of facilitating visits of journalists, video creators and media workers or amateurs. Our particular aim is to ensure that all journalists and media workers get correct, up-to-date information or representative footage from the best sources.
- intermediating with the Office of the Secretariat of the Auroville Foundation in order to obtain permission to film and use drone for photo or video;
- collaborating on tentative scenarios and film schedules;
- setting up interviews with residents of Auroville;
- accompanying crews around the township;
- intermediating with Matrimandir in order to obtain permission to film;
- connecting with Auroville Archives to access archived photos or videos.
Please note that prior to reporting, filming, etc. you will need to get permission to do it.
For this please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest and we will let you know the process to be followed.
The process to be followed for Indian and foreign crews is different, the process for a foreign crew is longer and more complex, please take this into consideration.
Note also that the name and symbol of Auroville are protected by the Government of India under the Emblems & Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act; unauthorised use of the same is subject to legal consequences.
See also: Auroville Media Interface