Holistic approach towards design involving functionality, aesthetics & resource conservation. Sustainability and climate responsive design form the basis of our work. Use of alternative, traditional & modern building technology as appropriate to the context and brief. Search for timeless architecture that is beyond 'trends' and doesn't struggle to be 'new' or 'inventive' for the sake of it. The search is for 'egoless' architecture in the present ego-driven contemporary architectural trend the world over.
Graduated in architecture from University of Florence in 1990
- Worked in studios of architecture in South Italy and Florence, projects for housing, commercial and public buildings. 1990-1998
- Independent Practice in India, 1998-present, including innovative urban planning, sustainable architecture, landscape, interiors, product design and photography.
- Part of team in Auroville's Future - Town Planning & Centre for Urban Research, 1998-2005
- Worked in close association with Auroville's chief architect Roger Anger on various planning and architectural projects. 1998-2007.
- Coordinator of Architecture and Urban design, L'avenir d'Auroville, 2007-2009
Nature of Work
- Innovative Urban Planning
- Sustainable Architecture
- Interior & Product design
- Internships offered to students in architecture-related design fields
Pino in WEB
Castelino & Marchese Architects Associates
Progress, Auroville 605101, Tamil Nadu