Donate from Abroad
Donations made directly to Auroville from abroad do not qualify for tax exemption in the home country. For foreign donors, many countries have an Auroville International (AVI) organization that can take your donation, issue a tax receipt, and channel the funds to Auroville. You can find a list of AVI Centers here.
Five steps for making donations
- Choose the project you want to support
- Decide your method of donation - online/offline
- Specify the project while making a donation
- Specify whether you need a tax exemption receipt or a normal one
- Inform the project holder about your donation
Direct Bank Transfer To Auroville (SWIFT)
The Government of India has amended the law regarding Foreign Contributions (FCRA Act). All foreign contributions coming into the country would need to come to a single branch – the State Bank of India Main Branch, New Delhi. Accordingly, we have opened a new account in New Delhi SBI branch. Details are given below.
Please ensure that the Beneficiary Name in all circumstances is listed as AUROVILLE FOUNDATION.
- SWIFT Code: SBININBB104
- IFSC: SBIN0000691
- Bank Name: State Bank of India
- Branch Code: 000691
- A/C Holder Name: AUROVILLE FOUNDATION
- A/c Number: 40106120526
- Beneficiary: AUROVILLE FOUNDATION
- Purpose: Specify the name of the unit or project/s
- A/C Holder Postal Address: Auroville Foundation, Auroville 605101, Tamil Nadu, India
- Bank Postal address: FCRA Cell, State Bank of India, New Delhi Main Branch, 11 Sansad Marg, New Delhi 110 001
- Bank Phone No. 011-23374050.
No Tax Exemption
Donations made directly to Auroville from abroad do not qualify for tax exemption in the home country.
Send A Paper Cheque Directly To Auroville
Donate From India
Online and Offline
Financial contributions from India for Auroville's development are channeled through the Auroville Unity Fund from where donations are directed to the designated projects. It is therefore important that a clear indication is given for which Auroville project or service the contribution is earmarked.
For international donations click here.
Lands For Auroville Unified (LFAU)Lands For Auroville Unified (LFAU)Support Auroville Land Purchase
One of the major challenges Auroville is facing today is to secure the integrity of her material foundation. The rapid and often unregulated development of nearby areas and the expansion of Pondicherry city endangers the harmonious development of Auroville. Considerable financial support is needed to consolidate remaining plots of lands that are vital for actualizing Auroville’s vision – to lay infrastructure, to create a coherent environment, to develop models of a “fairer, brighter and nobler” life that could show the way to a new India and new World.
We have two main campaigns for raising resources, Acres for Auroville (A4A) and Green Acres.