Contacting AVC: Please send an email message to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Auroville Council (AVC)
Collective Harmony - Hydrangea
The Auroville Council (AVC) is normally composed of up to 9 members and has an overall mandate to coordinate the objectives of the working groups of Auroville and ensure that they function according to their individual mandates. It also helps in their relations with the residents of Auroville and deals with emergency and conflict issues, arranging mediation and arbitration whenever necessary.
The Council looks after the internal affairs of Auroville.
MEETINGS' TIMES: Mondays : 9.30 a.m to 12.30 p.m ; Fridays : 9.30 to 12.30; Wednesday afternoons for subgroups 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
As approved by RA Meeting of December 20, 2004
The mandate of the Auroville Council is to assist the members of the Residents Assembly in organizing their activities as follows:
- To maintain and harmonize the various mandates of the working groups of Auroville and to see that the working groups function according to their mandates.
- To harmonize the interaction among the working groups and the activities of the Residents of Auroville
- To coordinate a short term plan and budget, in collaboration with the APDC, SAIIER, ABC and the FAMC, and other working groups to be presented to the Residents' Assembly for yearly ratification.
- Encourage the generation of programs and policies for the realisation of these objectives.
- Oversee the observance of policies and decisions approved by the RA in collaboration with the Working Committee and address non-compliance with established Auroville policies.
- Deal with emerging issues that fall outside the purview of other working groups.
- Establish and oversee review and arbitration bodies when required.
- Report regularly to the Residents' Assembly on its activities.
- Ensure that the principles of natural justice are observed in Auroville such as providing relief from arbitrariness in decision-making.
- Convene regular General Meetings
Members of the Council as per March 2021
Balaji S. (Kottakarai Farm),
Claudine B. (Inspiration),
Ganesh K. (Protection),
Shiva (Matrimandir Nursery),
Suryan (Isai Ambalam).
Working Committee (WCom)
How does Auroville work?
Internal structure, visible and invisible
Project Coordination Group
The Passage, on decision making in Auroville
Decision making by the Residents’ Assembly
Auroville International (AVI)
AVI International - Newsletters and information
Residents Assembly Service (RAS)
Auroville Board of Services (ABS)
L'Avenir d'Auroville (TDC Town Development Council)
‘Participatory Working Groups’ and the new selection process for Working Committee, Auroville Council and FAMC
Funds and Assets Management Committee (FAMC)
Inside a General Meeting, How does it work