Holistic approach towards design involving functionality, aesthetics & resource conservation. Sustainability and climate responsive design form the basis of our work. Use of alternative, traditional & modern building technology as appropriate to the context and brief. Search for timeless architecture that is beyond 'trends' and doesn't struggle to be 'new' or 'inventive' for the sake of it. The search is for 'egoless' architecture in the present ego driven contemporary architectural trend the world over.
C&M Architects is led by Pino Marchese and Sheril Castelino.
Some Accomplished Projects
- Maitreya Phase 2 , 2012-15
- Duplex Apartment in Creativity Auroville 2002
- Private House Douceur Auroville 2004-6
- Maroma, storeroom in Douceur 2008
- Timber beach house, Srima Auroville 2007-9
- Berdah house, Auromodele, Auroville 2000
- Indoor Swimming Pool at Kavadi 20014-15
- New administrative building for Auroville Press International 2005-6
- Arun Murugappan 'Laurels' Teynampet Chennai 2009-11
- Batmanabane's house, Moolakulam, Pondicherry 2008-9
- Growing towards, Pillaichavady, Pondicherry 2004-6
- Project of Italian Pavilion, Auroville International Zone
- Nandanam Apartments Pondy 2008-11
Lalit Kishor Bhati
PATH Architects & Planners
Lalit had an inherent interest in the unseen patterns that link different fields of experience and it was here in Auroville that his yearning for integrality was reciprocated. He first came to Auroville in 1998 to study the alternative model of Auroville Economy. He was deeply influenced by the effect that Auroville’s Charter has on the people here and the active roles they play in giving form to this dream of Auroville.
Born in 1942. Apprenticeship in carpentry, then studied architecture in Münster and Aachen, Germany. Since many, many years, has also been partially engaged in exploring “reverse architecture” – through archaeological rescue excavations, documentation and research in Auroville.