Auroville Film Institute is manifestation of the long standing dream of the Mother (Mirra Alfassa - the founder of Auroville) of having a "cinema studio, a cinema school..." in Auroville.
Dedicated to the cinema of awakening, the Auroville Film Institute has following guiding principles:
· Unending education and constant progress;
· Technical training for mastery over the art and craft of filmmaking;
· Time travel : Create narrative vehicles taking us from deepest within to farthest around in the past, present and the future; widening our consciousness, giving us 'Darshan' / insight.
· Courageous flights between dreams, realities and alternatives;
Critical appreciation, mentoring and
production of conscious cinema;
also of innovative experimental multimedia art forms;
· Human Unity
We are beginning to offer a series of film appreciation and film making courses in collaboration with India's premier film institute, Film and Television Institute of India, Pune (www.ftii.ac.in). We are also beginning to organise film study groups, individualized mentorship and student exchange programmes.
"What is a story ? Where is it born ? In the mind ? In the memory ? From flights of imagination or from ground reality ? The course will explore the self and the surrounding from where emerges the story. It will orient the participants with the tools and techniques to develop regular stories into a cinematic language. Beyond the basic cinema studies, the course will be hands-on involving film screenings, interactive sessions, script writing exercises, location scouting and appreciation, production design and practical direction, shooting, editing plus sound.
The participants in groups will have made their own short films through the 7 days course.
9969879319 / email@example.com
· 9 Days' Introductory Course in Screenwriting
· 25 Days' Mise-en-Scene - Script to Screen Workshop
· 15 Days' Acting workshop - 'Acting for film vis-a-vis acting for theatre'
· 50 Days' Documentary Filmmaking Workshop
· 4 Days' Workshop on 'Cinema and Architecture'
· 2 Days' Seminar on 'Myth making and Image making / Mythology and Filmmaking'
· 2 Days Seminar on 'Archiving and Social Memory'
Auroville Film Institute is an extension of Aurofilm;
Project Directors: Surya, Richa Hushing & Rrivu Laha;
Honorary Member: Gerard
Auroville Film Institute, c/o Aurofilm, Kalabhumi, Auroville, Tamil Nadu - 605101
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0413 2622037