Auroville Film Institute is manifestation of the long standing dream of the Mother (Mirra Alfassa - the founder of Auroville) of having a "cinema studio, a cinema school..." in Auroville.
Dedicated to the cinema of awakening, the Auroville Film Institute has following guiding principles:
· Unending education and constant progress;
· Technical training for mastery over the art and craft of filmmaking;
· Time travel : Create narrative vehicles taking us from deepest within to farthest around in the past, present and the future; widening our consciousness, giving us 'Darshan' / insight.
· Courageous flights between dreams, realities and alternatives;
Critical appreciation, mentoring and
production of conscious cinema;
also of innovative experimental multimedia art forms;
· Human Unity
We are beginning to offer a series of film appreciation and film making courses in collaboration with India's premier film institute, Film and Television Institute of India, Pune (www.ftii.ac.in). We are also beginning to organise film study groups, individualized mentorship and student exchange programmes.
Days' Film Appreciation : History and Aesthetics
From 30th September to 7th October 2019,
@ Cinema Paradiso, Auroville.
The course will create a historical perspective on Cinema explaining its many internal movements and aesthetic decisions that intersect with social ideas, politics, ethics and other arts using the five main elements: Narrative, Space, Time, Sound, Colour and Non-fiction. These five elements create a grid through which we look at the history of the medium and understand it’s pulls.
To know more / apply follow the link - https://www.ftii.ac.in/p/skift/film-appreciation-coursepuducherry-1
For further assistance contact - firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 9969879319
Courses to be announced soon:
· 9 Days' Introductory Course in Screenwriting
· 25 Days' Mise-en-Scene - Script to Screen Workshop
· 15 Days' Acting workshop - 'Acting for film vis-a-vis acting for theatre'
· 50 Days' Documentary Filmmaking Workshop
· 4 Days' Workshop on 'Cinema and Architecture'
· 2 Days' Seminar on 'Myth making and Image making / Mythology and Filmmaking'
· 2 Days Seminar on 'Archiving and Social Memory'
Auroville Film Institute is an extension of Aurofilm;
Project Directors: Surya, Richa Hushing & Rrivu Laha;
Honorary Member: Gerard
Auroville Film Institute, c/o Aurofilm, Kalabhumi, Auroville, Tamil Nadu - 605101
email@example.com / 0413 2622037